Town of Pleasant Springs
2354 County Road N
Stoughton WI 53589
Building Inspector: Steve Kittelson
Office Hours: Thursday 4:40pm to 5:30pm (no appt. Necessary)
Office Location: Town Hall, 2354 County Rd N, Stoughton WI
Mailing Address: 126 Eldon Way, Edgerton, WI 53534
Phone Number: (608) 445-
Contact Steve regarding questions related to building permits, fences, construction
inspections, Uniform Dwelling Code Compliance and pre-
A. Prior to commencing any of the following work, the owner or agent shall obtain a valid permit from the Town Building Inspector:
(1) All new buildings-
(2) All building additions that increase the physical dimensions of an
existing building, including, but not limited to, decks, porches and garages.
(3) All alterations to the interior and/or exterior structure of an existing
building including, but not limited to, kitchen remodeling, bath remodeling, remodeling an attic and/or basement for living space, window replacement, changes in exterior finish such as brick façade, clapboard or vinyl siding, and roof replacement and repair. No more than three layers of roofing shall be installed on any roof.
(4) All alterations to the heating, electrical or plumbing systems of an
(5) Replacement of major building equipment, including furnaces and air conditioners. Water heater replacement shall require a permit if the plumbing, venting, electrical or gas supply system is altered.
(6) Demolition of all existing structures. This includes all agricultural
structures, such as silos, chicken houses, tobacco sheds, etc.
Some projects will also require a Dane County Zoning Permit. To obtain information
regarding zoning permits contact Dane County Zoning at (608) 266-
Access Damage Deposits and Permits
If your driveway access is contiguous with a town road, a $1,000 access damage deposit and permit must be obtained. Prior to commencing any of the following work, the owner shall obtain a valid Access Damage Deposit and Permit for each of the following, and any combination of the following:
(1) Any construction, demolition, or landscaping that requires material and/or equipment weighing twelve or more tons (24,000 lbs) including delivery vehicle weight.
(2) All debris dumpsters that weigh and/or require equipment weighing twelve or more tons (24,000 lbs) including delivery weight. No dumpster shall be placed on public property.
*Note: If a project requires an access damage deposit and permit, NO BUILDING PERMIT
WILL BE ISSUED until the proper damage deposit permit has been issued. For questions,
or to obtain an access damage permit, contact the Public Works Department at (608)